Tips for Outdoor Grilling
Enjoy outdoor grilling with these safety tips.
As the warm days of summer begin to fade, there will be cooler fall days to still enjoy the taste of a meal cooked outside on the grill. Here are some safety tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association to keep in mind when grilling:
General Grill Safety Tips:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
If you have a Charcoal Grill:
- There are several ways to get the charcoal ready to use. Charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the charcoal using newspaper as a fuel.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire.
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
Please stay safe with your outdoor grilling with the help of these safety tips. If you have any questions about Fire or Smoke damage, please contact SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview at 773-935-6750.
SERVPRO provides Vandalism and Graffiti Cleanup
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview can handle your vandalism and graffiti cleanup.
If your home or business has suffered damage from vandalism or graffiti, we understand the urgency to fix it immediately. Vandalism and graffiti can range from relatively minor pranks to malicious destruction of property. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview knows that even the simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
If you need a window or door boarded up at any time, you can call us for immediate service. Graffiti may also need to be removed quickly and our highly trained team will provide proper cleanup. We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week to help you.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from residential and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
- General cleaning and graffiti removal
- Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
- Odor removal and deodorization
- Debris removal
- Contents cleaning
If you need vandalism or graffiti cleanup services, please call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview at 773-935-6750.
Call SERVPRO to handle your Commercial Fire Damage Cleanup
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview offers Commercial Fire Damage Cleanup.
Fire damage is especially devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, significant water damage from firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
Here are some of the fire damage and other commercial services we provide:
- Fire damage cleanup and restoration
- Water damage cleanup and restoration
- Mold remediation and mitigation services
- Building services
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Odor removal
- Disaster Recovery Team
- Commercial Cleaning
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
If your business has suffered damage from a fire, SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is available 24 hours a day to safely clean and restore your property. We will take care of your commercial fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today at 773-935-6750.
Beat the Summer Heat with these Safety Tips
Follow these tips to stay cool & hydrated this summer.
As we approach the middle of summer in the Chicagoland area extreme temperatures continue to rise, be ready to battle the summer heat by following these tips from the CDC:
- Wear appropriate clothing: Choose lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay cool indoors: Stay in an air-conditioned place as much as possible. If your home does not have air conditioning, go somewhere that does, even a few hours spent in air conditioning can help your body stay cooler when you go back into the heat.
- Plan outdoor activities carefully: Try to limit your outdoor activity to when it is coolest, like morning and evening hours.
- Pace yourself: Start slowly and pick up the pace gradually.
- Wear sunscreen: If you must go outdoors, protect yourself from the sun by wearing a hat, sunglasses, and by putting on sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher.
- Avoid cooking hot meals: They add heat to your body!
- Drink plenty of fluids: Drink more fluids, regardless of how active you are. Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink.
- Replace salt and minerals: Sweating removes salt and minerals from the body that need to be replaced. A sports drink can replace the salt and minerals you lose in sweat.
- Keep your pets hydrated: Provide plenty of fresh water for your pets.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview want to make sure you stay cool this summer. Give us a call at (773) 935-6750 if you have any questions.
We Provide Commercial Water Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is available 24 hours a day for your water emergency.
A dripping faucet or a leaking water pipe can be costly for business owners if left unrepaired. Water can seep under floors, into drywall and cause harm to the building structure over time. The longer water is left to stand and permeate surfaces, the higher the cost of repairs. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview want business owners to know that our highly trained technicians can respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Here are a few questions that we ask when you call us. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring:
- Your business name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview professionals are available 24 hours a day to respond to water damage emergencies, large or small. Call us today at (773) 935-6750 to find out about our water cleanup and restoration services.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview today at 773-935-6750 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Water Damage? SERVPRO to the Rescue
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview will respond quickly to your water emergency.
When your Chicago home or business has suffered water damage caused by flooding or a leak, you need a company that can respond immediately and has the experience, expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview uses advanced inspection and extraction equipment to find the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will carefully monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal. We are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our goal is to make it “Like it never even happened.”
We invest in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your home or business more quickly and to minimize cost. This equipment allows us to detect hidden moisture and extract standing water quickly and efficiently. We also utilize professional-strength cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products to clean and sanitize the affected water damage area.
If you have suffered water damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview at (773) 935-6750.
Helpful Water Damage Tips
Be prepared if you experience water damage at your home or business.
Even a small water damage event in your home or business can lead to potential problems in the future if it is not cared for properly. Immediate action is key when dealing with water damage. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview are water damage specialists, we have the experience, expertise, and advanced training that enables us to get your property dried quickly and thoroughly. Here are some tips to help if you experience water damage:
Helpful Water Damage Tips:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don’t enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you have water or flood damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview today at (773) 935-6750.
How can SERVPRO Help You?
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview can handle any size disaster.
No matter the size or extent of damage you have at your residential home or your commercial property the team at SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview has the capacity to handle any size disaster.
We Provide the following Services:
- Fire Damage Repair & Restoration
- Water Damage Repair & Restoration
- Mold Remediation & Restoration
- Storm Damage
- Odor Removal
- Sewage & Toilet Overflow
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
- Commercial Cleaning
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We provide 24-hour emergency services such as Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation for both residential and commercial properties. We are dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians have the training, specialized equipment, and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. Our locally owned and operated business has been proudly serving the Chicagoland area. Our team will work closely with you to return your home or business back to preloss condition. We will provide a professional process in restoring your property to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Have questions? Call us today at (773) 935-6750.
Severe Weather - Safety Tips for a Portable Generator
Keep your home running through the storm with the help of a portable generator.
Are you getting ready for the spring storms to arrive in the Chicagoland area? Power outages are a common occurrence during a severe storm and a portable generator is a great tool to help you through the power outage.
If you have a portable generator on hand for power outages during severe weather, follow the safety tips below provided by the American Red Cross.
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawl space, or any partially enclosed area.
- To avoid electrocution, keep the generator dry and do not use it in wet conditions. Operate it on a dry surface under an open canopy-like structure, such as under a tarp held up on poles. Do not touch the generator with wet hands.
- Install CO alarms in central locations on every level of your home or property and outside sleeping areas to provide early warnings.
If you experience storm or water damage caused by a power outage in your home, please give SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview a call at (773) 935-6750.
Source: Residential Newsline Volume 18 issue 2