Be Prepared for Winter Storms!
Winter is approaching the Chicagoland area sooner than usual this year. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview want to help keep you safe in the event of a snowstorm. Here are some tips form the American Red Cross to help keep you safe and get you ready for traveling in the cold weather:
- Talk with your family about what to do if a winter storm watch or warning is issued.
- Have your vehicle winterized before the winter storm season to decrease your chance of being stranded in cold weather.
- Have a mechanic check your battery, antifreeze, wipers and windshield fluid, ignition system, thermostat, lights, flashing hazard lights, exhaust system, heater, brakes, defroster and oil.
- Keep in your vehicle: a windshield scraper, small broom, matches in a waterproof container, an emergency supply kit, including warm clothing.
- Keep your gas tank full so you can leave right away in an emergency.
- Have a cell phone with you and make sure the battery is charged.
- Pack a warm coat, gloves and a hat.
The Team at SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview wants you to arrive safe at your destination!