What to do Until Help Arrives in a Water Loss
Unfortunately, water damage events are never scheduled. They typically occur at the most inconvenient time. A water incident can threaten the safety and welfare of your employees and customers, as well as sales and revenues.
Because it is your business, quick response is critical in avoiding business interruptions, revenue loss, costly repairs and undo stress.
Ultimately, you want to get back to normal business functions quickly with little or no interruption.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is here to help. Give us a call at 773-935-6750. We are available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Here are some water damage tips you can use to limit further damage until the SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview crew arrives:
- Call your insurance company
- Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview 773-935-6750
- Follow these tips to reduce damage and increase the chanced of a successful restoration
- Stop the source of the water.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping or blotting. Do NOT attempt to vacuum up water with standard vacuum equipment.
- Wipe excess water from wood furnishings after removing any contents lying on the surface.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for even drying.
- Clearly designate wet areas with floor signs and safety tape.
- Pad or block wood furniture to prevent permanent staining of carpet.
- Carefully removed colored items affected areas, especially those in contact with carpet and upholstery.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Do not turn on ceiling fans or light fixtures if ceiling is wet. Avoid standing beneath sagging ceilings.
- Do not attempt to use electrical devices exposed to moisture or use unexposed electrical devices while standing on wet floors - especially wet concrete.