Failing Water Heater? Look for these signs!
Water heaters often work perfectly for a decade or more without any care, so they’re easy to neglect. They are often located in a low traffic area, like a basement, an attic or in a closet.
Failing water heaters can cause significant damage to your home if they start leaking or even worse, if they burst leaving several gallons of water flowing through your home.
Here are a few things that may indicate if your water heater is starting to fail:
- Water doesn't get as hot as it used to.
- There's rust in water coming from your faucets or on your clothes.
- Your hot water heater makes cracking and popping sounds when it's heating.
- There's a metallic taste in your hot water.
- Rust is forming on the outside bottom of your water heater.
- A puddle is forming under your hot water heater.
- The burner units have become clogged or rusty.
If you experience flooding from your water heater, call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview for assistance. Call (773) 935-6750.