What to do after a Flood
Water Emergencies can happen quickly and can be devastating to your home or business. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview can arrive fast to help you.
Here are a few tips until help arrives:
What to do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
Have Water of Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview - (773) 935-6750.