Lake Effect Snow in Lakeview?
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview responds to snow damage emergencies in the Lakeview area throughout the winter months. The extreme cold and storms in February brought record-breaking temperatures that haven’t been recorded in Chicago since 1936.
Snow removal is a dangerous activity that qualified individuals should do. If you plan to remove snow from your roof, the Federal Emergency Management Agency offers these safety measures to minimize the risk of personal injury:
- Any roof snow removal should be conducted following proper OSHA protocol for work on rooftops. Use roof fall arrest harnesses where applicable.
- Always have someone below the roof to keep foot traffic away from locations where falling snow or ice could cause injuries.
- Ensure someone confirms that the area below the removal site is free of equipment that could be damaged by falling snow or ice.
- Whenever the snow is being removed from a roof, be careful of dislodged icicles. An icicle falling from a short height can still cause damage or injury.
- When using a non-metallic snow rake, be aware that roof snow can slide at any moment. Keep a safe distance away from the eave to remain outside of the sliding range.
- Buried skylights pose a high risk to workers on a roof removing snow. Properly mark this hazard as well as other rooftop hazards.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview is Independently Owned and Operated.