Invisible Killer in Lakeview?
Not in my Lakeview house!
Carbon monoxide (CO) is also referred to as the “invisible killer” because there are no warning signs you can see or smells that alert you to the hidden danger. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), CO is an odorless, colorless gas that is created when fuels like gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, or methane do not burn completely. Heating, cooking, and equipment that burn fuel are common causes of CO poisoning in the home, as well as vehicles or generators running inside a garage.
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Lakeview, and offer some carbon monoxide safety tips from the NFPA:
- CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home and in other locations where required by applicable laws, codes, or standards.
- If the CO alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door.
- A generator should be used in a well-ventilated location outdoors away from windows, doors, and vent openings.
- Gas or charcoal grills can produce CO — only use outside.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview has a team of fire restoration technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day to any fire damage emergency in the Lakeview area. Call us at 773-935-6750. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview is Independently Owned and Operated.