How To Recover After A Tornado In North Side?
When a tornado rips through North Side, it can become all-encompassing. Not only does it take a mental toll, but the damage caused by a tornado can have long-lasting effects on a community. According to a study done by the CDC, nearly 50% of the injuries that happen as a result of a tornado occur during the rescue, cleanup, and after tornado activities. Through our mitigation efforts at SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview, we can help you take steps to get your home or business back to preloss condition.
Inspecting The Damage To Your North Side Home?
- Ensure that everyone is safe and take care of any physical injuries before worrying about structural damage
- Don’t enter a building until you are told it’s safe to do so by first responders
- Wear appropriate clothing like sturdy shoes, long sleeves, gloves, etc. when inspecting the damage done to your property
- Turn off electricity, gas, and other utilities that could be dangerous to use
- Take pictures and videos to document all damage for your insurance claim
How can SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview Help?
When storm damage caused by a tornado takes over your life, SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview can help you take it back. Our comprehensive services include:
- Protective Measures: placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, boarding up to secure the building, removing water and debris, and move-out/pack-out services to protect your personal belongings
- Water Removal: Tornadoes are, more often than not, accompanied by heavy rain. If your property suffers flooding and water damage after a tornado, our highly trained technicians will begin removing standing water immediately and drying out your property
- In-Depth Cleaning and Sanitation: Once the moisture is removed from your home, it will need to be sanitized to prevent mold and mildew growth
The best way to minimize the time it takes to restore your North Side home or business is to be prepared before disaster strikes. Which is why SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview can help you create an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). Making the important decisions before disasters, like tornadoes, will ease your stress and get your home or business back to normal faster.
If your North Side home or commercial property has been affected by a tornado, or any other storm, call SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview at (773) 935-6750. Our team has the equipment and experience needed to get the job done right the first time.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated