Halloween Safety Tips for Lincoln Park?
The National Fire Protection Association is urging everyone to consider fire safety during Halloween celebrations. SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview responds to fire damage in Lincoln Park every year and offer these safety tips:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, make sure it is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
If you are planning to attend Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating:
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
When your Lincoln Park home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview is Here to Help. ® Call us at 773-935-6750. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.