Mold Infestation in Downtown Chicago?
There was a strong, musty odor in the building that I could not identify. A few days later, I noticed a damp spot on the wall in the lunchroom. There was a water leak inside the wall. We called SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview, and they sent a team out right away. They used surface moisture meters and an infrared camera to pinpoint the location of the water damage. They removed the drywall to repair the water damage, and that is when we discovered the mold infestation inside the wall. That was the cause of that musty odor I had been smelling!
The team worked quickly to contain the mold and begin the remediation process. Now, you would never know we had a mold problem in our building!
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air waiting for the perfect moist conditions
When your Downtown Chicago commercial business or home needs commercial mold removal, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview has a team of technicians ready to mitigate and remediate your mold problem 24-hours a day. Call us at 773-935-6750.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.