Candle Fire in Lakeview Apartment?
Candles make everything festive, and they create a beautiful ambiance. However, candles left unattended can cause fires. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), more than one-third of home candle fires start in the bedroom. Our local team in Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview responds to fire damage emergencies each year in Lakeview and offer these candle safety tips from the NFPA:
· Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid using candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
· Keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn
· Use sturdy candle holders, and won’t tip over easily
· Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
· Light candles carefully, and keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
· Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container.
· Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
· Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
· Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles.
When your Lakeview home or commercial business has fire damage, our local team in Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview will restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 773-935-6750.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.