If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (773) 935-6750

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Do I Need Flood Insurance for My Gold Coast Property?

6/7/2022 (Permalink)

A flooded storm drain is shown. We respond to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Chicago.

Our Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview team restores water damage every year in the Gold Coast area of Chicago. The weather in Chicago has put more properties at risk for flooding than flood plain maps suggest. Here is some information about water damage insurance from the Insurance Information Institute:

  • Insurance policies vary as to what types of water damage are covered
  • It will be important to review your standard homeowners policy to determine any additional coverage you may need
  • For instance, some policies cover sewer and drain backups, but many do not. In these cases, you can purchase a sewer backup rider for your homeowners or renters coverage.
  • Burst pipes and wind-driven rain are generally covered by homeowners and renters insurance policies
  • Basically, any water that comes from the top down, like rain or a burst sprinkler, is covered by a standard homeowners policy

Typically, water that comes from the bottom up, like flooding from an overflowing river, will be covered by a separate flood insurance policy and can be purchased from the federal government’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and some private insurers. 

Call Us Today!

Water damage from flooding is becoming a more common occurrence in Chicago and the Gold Coast area. When your home or business needs water restoration services, our local Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview team can restore your water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 773-935-6750.

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts