Tips to prevent Water Damage from your Washing Machine.
Washing machines are one of the most common sources of water damage in your home.
The failure of a water supply hose is the primary cause of loss. This can be caused by:
- Pinching the hose while installing or replacing a washing machine, causing a hairline break
- A poor connection to either the washing machine or wall
- The hose’s own aging, which can lead to brittleness
Washing machine drainage issues and internal leaks can also cause flooding to your home.
The most effective ways of preventing damage from your washing machine are to:
- Replace the washing machine intake hose every 5 years
- Check your sewer line after a storm, before running your washing machine
- Don’t overload your washing machine
- Have your machine professionally installed to avoid water line pinches and drainage issues
- Shut off the intake valve behind your machine at the first sign of trouble
- If you can’t access the intake valve, know how to shut off your home’s water main
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview can help you if you experience water damage from your washing machine.
Call us at (773) 935-6750