If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (773) 935-6750

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview is Always Ready to Clean Up Damage from Fire in Lincoln Park.

Space heaters are one of the leading causes of house fires.  When fire damage occurs, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview professionals are prepared to make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 773-935-6750 any time of any day.

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reported that space heaters are responsible for 43% of home fires.

SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview: Always Available in an Emergency

A fire at home or work is bad enough. You shouldn’t have to wait for professional help getting the mess cleaned up.

Just call us at 773-935-6750 any time of the day on any day.

Your home and your business are valuable. We know that, or we wouldn’t be in this business.

Smoke and soot are corrosive, so the damage becomes worse over time.

If the fire fighters used water to eliminate the flames, water damage, and its groupie, mold, are also possibilities.

Franchise Professionals

Prevention is the Best Strategy

Some strategies emphasize the aftermath, like the children’s favorite, “asking forgiveness is easier than asking permission”, a strategy not unknown to adults, but others emphasize foresight, such as those that focus on prevention.

Safe use of Space Heaters:

  • Plug space heaters only into wall outlets. Space heaters are designed to put out huge amounts of heat (duh) and therefore use huge amounts of energy. They can easily overload extension cords and power strips, therefore starting a fire.
  • Don’t leave the heater on for extended periods. Turn off the heater and unplug it every couple of hours. Doing so reduces the risk of overworking the heater. When you leave the area, don’t leave the heater on. While coming back to a toasty warm desk or couch feels delightful, it is even more delightful to come back to an intact workspace or home.
  • Don’t block the vents. Remember you don’t need flames to set something on fire. A warm enough airflow can set fabrics or paper on fire after a couple of hours. Don’t use the space heater as nightstand or table; keep at least three feet between the heater and anything flammable.
  • Don’t use the space heater in damp conditions. Water conducts electricity easily, increasing the likelihood of an electric shock.

Did You Know?

December 15 is International Tea Day

Hot or iced? It’s December, so hot is probably best, besides, how much of the world’s populations drinks it iced?

Tea is a drink that needs no sugar or cream or milk (at least in the United States) to be delicious. Try offering it without anything dairy in most of the rest of the world, and you’re likely to looked at as barely civilized – if you’re lucky.

Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview at 773-935-6750

We will:

  • Get rid of the smoke and soot damage
  • Remediate any water damage
  • Check for corrosion in wiring
  • Inspect area for mold damage
  • Eliminate lingering odors