SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview Has this Reminder: Smoke Detectors Save Lives
When you hear the shriek of smoke alarms, get yourself and everyone else out of the house. When you know everyone is safe, take a deep breath and call SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview to help restore the building back to its preloss condition.
Smoke Damage and Fire Damage
A small amount of damage not only doesn’t go away, but the aftermath adds insult to injury because the damage gets worse over time. Call us at 773-935-6750.
Our emergency services are available all day, every day, so call us any time. Don’t worry about waiting for conventional business hours.
Count on SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview to:
- Dispose of debris safely
- Clean, disinfect building (from ash, smoke, soot, debris)
- Remediate water, soot, and smoke damage
- Restore upholstery, flooring, roof, walls, and contents
- Eliminate odors
- Find and mitigate any mold damage (or other microbial growth)
We work directly with most insurance companies, making the process less stressful.
Take Time Out for Trivia!
Our Trivia Team has been hard at work, digging up gems before it’s time to put up 2021 calendars.
- December was the 10th month of the Roman calendar (hence the Latin “decem” – ten)
- The Julian & Gregorian calendars worked out better astronomically after the addition of two months at the beginning of the year, but dang, the naming system got confused
- In the Northern hemisphere, December is the month with the least amount of daylight (June has the most)
- The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year (the summer solstice is the longest)
- The Southern hemisphere has the opposite pattern, so people who adore Christmas get to enjoy a long day of it
- While December is Procrastination Awareness Month, we’re not expected to do anything about until sometime in March – or September
Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming
From the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- Smoke detectors sounded in 53% of home fires reported in U.S. fire departments; the number should be higher
- Dead batteries caused 25% of smoke-detector failures
- Closed doors often slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom and outside each sleeping area
- Make sure there is at least one detector on each level of the house
- Interconnect the smoke detectors so when one sounds, they all sound
- Test the detectors once a month (there is a test button)
- Replace the batteries twice a year unless they are 5-year or 10-year batteries
SERVPRO of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview
You can rely us to help bring your home or business back to habitable condition.