Commercial Carpet Cleaning.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview will help keep your carpets clean.
Even the highest-quality items can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview to clean and maintain your commercial carpets.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your commercial carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting.
A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview Professionals will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today.
Need Commercial Carpet Cleaning?
Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview at 773-935-6750
Summer is Here - Watch out for Extreme Heat!
Use these helpful tips to stay safe during a heat wave.
Summer is Here! Watch out for Extreme Heat!
Summer has arrived in Chicagoland and so has the extreme heat. Please stay safe with the help of these tips from the American Red Cross:
- Never leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids even if you do not feel thirsty. Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing. Avoid dark colors because they absorb the sun’s rays.
- Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest part of the day.
- Postpone outdoor games and activities.
- Check on family, friends and neighbors who do not have air conditioning, who spend much of their time alone or who are more likely to be affected by the heat.
- If you do not have air conditioning, choose places you could go to for relief from the heat during the warmest part of the day (schools, libraries, theaters, malls).
- Check on your animals frequently to ensure that they are not suffering from the heat.
Recognize and care for heat related emergencies:
Heat exhaustion typically involves the loss of body fluids through heavy sweating during strenuous exercise or physical labor in high heat and humidity.
Heat stroke is a life-threatening condition in which a person’s temperature control system stops working and the body is unable to cool itself.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is available to help – Call us at (773) 935-6750
IICRC Certified Firm can help with your Storm Damage
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is a IICRC Certified Firm.
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Have Storm Damage? Call Us Today at (773) 935-6750
Fireworks Safety Tips
Stay Safe! Follow these Fireworks Safety Tips.
The number of Americans planning to use backyard fireworks this Fourth of July is expected to hit an all-time high. In preparation for holiday celebrations, The Consumer Products Safety Commission encourages consumers to review all safety tips before purchasing and using fireworks.
Fireworks are dangerous!
Follow these safety tips when using fireworks:
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to go see a display put on by the professionals. This allows you to enjoy the show with little worry of bodily harm or property damage. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview wants you to enjoy the festivities safely with family and friends.
If you are in need of our services please give us a call at 773-935-6750.
Grilling Safety Tips
Grilling Season has arrived - Please stay safe by following these tips!
Grilling Safety Tips
Summer time is upon us and there’s nothing like outdoor grilling.
Follow these tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association to make sure you are safe when grilling.
General grilling tips
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
Before you use your grill:
- Check the major connection points between the gas (propane) tank hose and the regulator and cylinder, and where the hose connects to the burners. Tighten if loose.
- Check the gas (propane) tank hose for the potential (gas) leaks. To do that:
- Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose using a brush or spray bottle.
- Turn the propane tank on. If there is a gas leak, the propane will release bubbles around the hose (big enough to see).
- If there are no bubbles, your grill is safe to use.
- If there are bubbles, turn off the tank and check connections, then have your grill serviced by a professional before using it again.
When the grill is on:
- As you are cooking, if you smell gas, turn off the gas tank and burners.
- If the leak stops immediately, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again.
- There are several ways to get the charcoal ready to use. Charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the charcoal using newspaper as a fuel.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire.
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
It is important to remember these safety tips – and that you can count on SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview if you need us – Call us at 773-935-6750.
Tips to prevent Water Damage from your Washing Machine.
If your Washing Machine causes Water Damage to your home, call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview.
Washing machines are one of the most common sources of water damage in your home.
The failure of a water supply hose is the primary cause of loss. This can be caused by:
- Pinching the hose while installing or replacing a washing machine, causing a hairline break
- A poor connection to either the washing machine or wall
- The hose’s own aging, which can lead to brittleness
Washing machine drainage issues and internal leaks can also cause flooding to your home.
The most effective ways of preventing damage from your washing machine are to:
- Replace the washing machine intake hose every 5 years
- Check your sewer line after a storm, before running your washing machine
- Don’t overload your washing machine
- Have your machine professionally installed to avoid water line pinches and drainage issues
- Shut off the intake valve behind your machine at the first sign of trouble
- If you can’t access the intake valve, know how to shut off your home’s water main
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview can help you if you experience water damage from your washing machine.
Call us at (773) 935-6750
Water Damage in your Chicago Home?
For help with Water Damage in your home. call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview at (773) 935-6750.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview provide emergency water restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
A Fast Response Is Crucial
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
- Need Emergency Service?
Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview - (773) 935-6750
When Water Damage Strikes!
SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview can help when Water Damage Strikes!
The first 24 hours following a water loss are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview will be on-site to help ensure a water damage is handled by completing the following steps.
We will inspect affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions before beginning any work.
We will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal belongings and other contents, from further damage by extracting the excess water and preparing the area for drying. We will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step.
To help ensure your home or business and belongings are dried to appropriate industry standards, we will monitor the drying process. The updates will be consistently communicated to you.
We will repair structural materials, reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property and belongings. A final walkthrough of the jobsite will be conducted with you to help ensure the property was returned to preloss condition.
EMERGENCY WATER DAMAGE TIPS
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don’t enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview today at (773) 935-6750
Failing Water Heater? Look for these signs!
Maintain your Water Heater to avoid water damage to your home.
Water heaters often work perfectly for a decade or more without any care, so they’re easy to neglect. They are often located in a low traffic area, like a basement, an attic or in a closet.
Failing water heaters can cause significant damage to your home if they start leaking or even worse, if they burst leaving several gallons of water flowing through your home.
Here are a few things that may indicate if your water heater is starting to fail:
- Water doesn't get as hot as it used to.
- There's rust in water coming from your faucets or on your clothes.
- Your hot water heater makes cracking and popping sounds when it's heating.
- There's a metallic taste in your hot water.
- Rust is forming on the outside bottom of your water heater.
- A puddle is forming under your hot water heater.
- The burner units have become clogged or rusty.
If you experience flooding from your water heater, call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview for assistance. Call (773) 935-6750.
Tips for Cleaning Mold from Children’s Bath Toys
If you see signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview - (773) 935-6750
Cleaning bath toys that spend hours every week in warm soapy water may seem silly, but it is not.
Since mold grows where there is moisture, bath toys are a prime target for mold. Mold can form when toys aren’t properly drained or dried out. Here are some tips to help you clean your bath toys and get them free of mold.
Boil the toys in water
Place your child’s toys in a pot of boiling water. Squeeze them out to remove all the mold and then lay them out to dry.
Clean them with vinegar
Mix together one gallon of water and ½ cup of white vinegar. Let the toys soak in the mixture for one hour. Squeeze them out and scrub them thoroughly.
Soak them in bleach
Mix one gallon of water and ¾ cups of bleach in a bucket and allow the toys to soak overnight. After taking the toys out of the solution rinse them with water several times before putting them out to dry.
Cover the holes
A lot of bath toys have holes in them to allow your kids to squirt water or make squeaky noises. While this might be entertaining for them, it also easily allows the toys to store water and grow mold. When you are sure the toys are thoroughly dry, plug up the hole with a drop of hot glue.
Run them through the washer
A simple solution to remove the mold from your child’s toys is running them through the dishwasher or washing machine. It’s an easy way to get the job done.
Have Mold Related Questions?
Call SERVPRO of Gold Coast / Lincoln Park / Lakeview – 773-935-6750