Thunderstorm Preparedness Tips for Lincoln Park
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview wants Lincoln Park residents to stay safe during severe weather events and offers these safety tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency on thunderstorm safety:
- When you hear thunder, go indoors. A sturdy building is the safest place to be during a thunderstorm
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of thunderstorms. Be ready to change plans, if necessary, to be near shelter
- When you receive a thunderstorm warning or hear thunder, go inside immediately
- If indoors, avoid running water or using landline phones. Electricity can travel through plumbing and phone lines
- Protect your property. Unplug appliances and other electric devices
- If boating or swimming, get to land and find a sturdy, grounded shelter or vehicle immediately
- If necessary, take shelter in a car with a metal top and sides. Do not touch anything metal
- Avoid flooded roadways. Turn Around Don’t Drown®. Just six inches of fast-moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview has a team of storm restoration technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day to any storm damage emergency in the Lincoln Park area. Call us at 773-935-6750. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview is Independently Owned and Operated.