Severe Thunderstorm Warnings in Downtown Chicago?
Severe thunderstorm warnings were issued in Will and Southeastern Cook counties in August. It is important to know your risk and to prepare in advance for thunderstorms and lightning. SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview responds to storm damage emergencies in Downtown Chicago, and our fast emergency response time saves our customers time and money.
Here are some thunderstorm preparation tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
- Know your area’s risk of thunderstorms. They can occur year-round and at any hour.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts.
- Identify sturdy buildings close to where you live, work, study, and play
- Cut down or trim trees that may be in danger of falling on your home
- Consider buying surge protectors, lightning rods, or a lightning protection system to protect your home, appliances, and electronic devices
- Secure outside furniture
When your home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview has a team of restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond. Call us at 773-935-6750. We’ll restore yourstorm damage in Downtown Chicago, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.