Water Intrusion Prevention Tips for Bucktown?
Bucktown needs to know about water intrusion.
Water intrusion occurs when water enters a home or building from an outside source. Clogged rain gutters, downspouts, clogged storm drains, poor drainage, cracks in the foundation, leaking doors, roofs, and windowsills can all contribute to water intrusion.
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview’s technicians have the training, equipment, and experience to restore water damage quickly and efficiently. Water intrusion can be prevented through the routine inspection and maintenance of your home’s exterior. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for repairing and protecting your home’s exterior:
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage
- Inspect your roof for missing and damaged shingles and make necessary repairs
- Check your downspouts. Remove debris that may have accumulated in downspouts and rain gutters. Position downspouts so that they direct water away from the house.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems to be sure they are not creating water damage to the walls and foundations of the house. Turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes.
- Install gutter guardsto prevent gutter clogs and keep water flowing away from the house instead of accumulating on the roof
Call Us Today!
When your Bucktown home or business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview is Here to Help. ® Call us at 773-935-6750. We’ll restore your water damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.