Pet Disaster Planning for Gold Coast Pet Owners?
Storm damage can happen at any time. Sometimes the damage is extensive and requires the family to relocate until the repairs are completed. We encourage pet owners to factor their pets into evacuation planning to ensure all family members are in the plan. SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview offers this information from the American Red Cross for keeping your pets safe during a disaster:
- Make an evacuation plan for you and your pets. Many hotels and shelters do not accept animal guests other than service animals.
- Include pets in your emergency kit, or assemble an emergency kit for your pet
- If it’s not safe to stay in your home during an emergency, it is not safe for your pets, either
Pet Emergency Kits
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses, and or carriers to transport pets safely and ensure they can’t escape
- Food, drinking water, bowls, cat litter/pan, and a manual can opener if your pets eat canned food
- Medications and copies of medical records stored in a waterproof container
- A first aid kit
- Current photos of your pet in case they get lost
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to foster or board your pets
- Pet beds and toys if easily transportable
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.