Kitchen Fire in Lincoln Park?
Cooking Safety Tips for Lincoln Park
The leading cause of cooking fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking. SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview offers these cooking safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Cook with Caution
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, don’t use the stove or stovetop.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food
- If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the home while food is cooking
- Use a timer to remind you that you are cooking
- Keep anything that can catch fire — oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains — away from your stovetop
If you have a small grease cooking fire and decide to fight the fire...
- On the stovetop, smother the flames by sliding a lid over the pan and turning off the burner, and leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the door closed
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview has a team of emergency fire restoration technicians ready to respond to your call 24-hours a day. Call us today at 773-935-6750. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Lincoln Park, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Gold Coast /Lincoln Park /Lakeview is Independently Owned and Operated.