Fire Safety Tips for Streeterville?
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview responds to fire damage emergencies in Streeterville 24-hours a day. Here are some heating safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Never use your oven to heat your home
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters, or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel-burning space heaters
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
- Install wood-burning stoves following the manufacturer’s instructions or have a professional do the installation. All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
- Install and maintain CO alarms to avoid the risk of CO poisoning. If you smell gas in your gas heater, do not light the appliance. Leave the home immediately and call your local fire department or gas company.
Call Us Today!
When your Streeterville home or business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview is Here to Help. ® Call us at 773-935-6750.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.