Electrical Safety Tips for Gold Coast Residents?
SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview wants Gold Coast residents and businesses to have a safe and fire-free winter. Here are some electrical safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician
- Only use one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time
- Major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Extension cords and plug strips should not be used.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) shut off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs. Consider having them installed in your home.
- Use ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to reduce the risk of shock. GFCIs shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and basements. All outdoor receptacles should be GFCI protected.
- Test AFCIs and GFCIs once a month according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use. Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets, so you don’t have to use extension cords.
Call Us Today!
When your Gold Coast home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/Lakeview is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 773-935-6750.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.