Top Five Causes of Basement Seepage In Bucktown Properties?
Our Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview teams respond to water damage emergencies involving basements in Bucktown homes and commercial businesses every year. The Insurance Information Institute lists these top five causes of water seepage and basement leaks:
- Lateral pressure: When the soil surrounding your basement absorbs water and expands, it creates stress on your basement walls, causing them to crack and allowing water to seep into the structure.
- Hydrostatic pressure: Similar to lateral pressure, hydrostatic pressure can cause buckling and cracking of the walls and foundation of a house.
- Poor landscaping: If the grade of the soil around your foundation runs towards your foundation, your basement can flood.
- Clogged window wells: If your window wells are filling with water, your window wells may be improperly installed, or the drain is clogged.
- Leaky pipes:Inspect your plumbing systems, starting with their entry into the basement to where it leaves, including the sewer line. Make repairs as required.
- Pool Leak: Swimming pool leaks can saturate the ground and weaken your home’s foundation.
We typically respond to water damage emergencies within four hours of your call for help. When you have water damage in Bucktown, our Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview teams will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 773-935-6750.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.